Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Grammar Bytes

     I attempted exercise one and two of the exercise with loads of success. I achieved 20/20 on both of those activities, these didn't really allow my understanding of fused sentences and comma splices, although the prizes and pictures were rather interesting.

      Then I attempted exercise three this one was harder and actually took some reading over the sentences, I only achieved 18/20 on this exercise. The only problems I had encountered  were mis-reading the sentences and identifying them in-correctly.

    When I had gotten to about the 10th sentence of each exercise I found the rest rather easy, and for exercise two and three I just read the underlined words and chose from those choices, 100% of the time it was correct, this exercises I felt taught me very little about comma splices and fused sentences. It would have been better if the exercise made you choose the underlined word then having to identify whether it was a comma splice or a fused sentence, I felt this would have far greatly increased my knowledge and understanding.

1 comment:

  1. Awkward. ;)

    Your last sentence is a healthy comma splice error and the first part uses 'then' instead of 'than.'

    Don't give up on Grammar Bytes! I think it could help, with the right mindset. I wonder what Youtube has in terms of comma splice videos?

    ReplyDelete

Contributors